Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fake - 2003 Silver Panda

Back in September, I bought a fake 2003 Silver Panda from ebay seller longlong65. I had suspected that it would be fake since he sprung up from no where to start selling silver pandas. Nonetheless, I got a second offer from him though I lost the bid. These fakes sellers would post photographs of genuine coins in double seal stolen from other genuine ebay coin sellers. And when questioned about the coin, these fakes sellers wouldn't be able to give you a proper answer. Like when I asked seller about the weight of the coin in grams, he could only reply me that it weighs 1 oz.

The fake coin was very well struck and it had the right diameter and thickness. Only when weighed, we could tell it is a fake. The fake weighed only 26.5g, which is still less than the 1 oz that he claimed. The tussle went on for a month and paypal required me to send the item back and provide a tracking number. This was done and I had to continue the wait till I wrote to ebay this time asking ebay to show paypal the record of this seller who made his feedback rating private probably after many negative feedback received. After a few days, paypal replied that they would refund the money.

Photos of genuine vs counterfeit:



No comments:

Post a Comment